We Put Students at the Center of Our Assessments
Through an ever-changing assessment landscape, Questar has never lost sight of the fact that there is a child behind every assessment we deliver, and we take action to ensure that our end-to-end assessment process — from delivery to results — translates into actionable data maximized for continued learning, growth, and mastery.
- We can map student results to any number of third-party tests for multi-measure comparability across states.
- We are able to link summative and interim results to provide a visual representation of achievements and trends.
- We can create deceptively simple data visualizations that make even the most complex results understandable and actionable.
- We can convert student results into meaningful instructional pointers that help teachers get their struggling student back on the road to mastery or enhance student mastery even further.
The consequences of every assessment score and the weight it can have on a student’s future makes precise scoring — every time, with no exceptions — one of our greatest responsibilities as an assessment partner. The industry experts that make up our scoring services team work with proven processes and innovative online applications to achieve outstanding results.
Our test scorer training, scoring processes, and support systems are benchmarked against industry standards and meet the requirements of the Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing. Our scoring processes also adhere to the Quality Control Checklist for Processing, Scoring, and Reporting developed by the Council of Chief State School Officers/State Collaborative on Assessment and Student Standards (CCSSO/SCASS).
We have the scalability and expertise to hand score high volumes of extended response, essay, and performance tasks. We continue to place a high premium on hand scoring because. Highlights of our capabilities include:
- Our proprietary, state-of-the art scoring application, ScorePoint, ensures secure, efficient hand-scoring that meets clients’ needs. The highly-configurable system allows for customized response or portfolio workflow, and every aspect of work within the system can be monitored and reported on in real time.
- We regularly score more than 13.5 million constructed responses within the four-month, long-peak testing season. That translates into approximately 153,409 responses per day. We have also scored more than 30,000 alternate assessment portfolios within a two-month period.
- We deliver scoring results to clients faster than any other assessment provider. After we receive notice that testing is complete for a particular subject area or assessment, we promise scoring results in two business days for online tests, and in seven business days from receipt of materials for paper/pencil test forms.
- We have successfully implemented distributed scoring by training local educators.