For both general and alternative assessments, we develop item and test specifications as well as write and edit items in whatever format you require – multiple choice, short or extended response, as well as portfolio based.
- Map test items to standards
- Facilitate bias, content, and data reviews
- Provide comprehensive test development support in all subject levels – at all grade levels
Our end-to-end approach to test development follows these phases:
- Conduct field testing
- Develop assessment objectives
- Develop specifications
- Develop blueprint
- Write passages or select published passages (reading, science, social studies)
- Develop items
- Facilitate item content reviews
- Facilitate item content review committee meetings
- Field testing
- Facilitate data review committee
- Construct test forms
Experienced Content Specialists
Questar's item writers and test content specialists are experienced and reliable. They have an exceptional knowledge of curriculum and instruction issues and are sensitive to issues of test format, content, and difficulty.
Up-To-Date Software and Hardware
Our exceptional test development processes are supported by up-to-date computing hardware, application software, and production equipment to create tests and supporting materials in laser copy and camera-ready or electronic formats.
Our staff is experienced in the use of word processing, graphics, database, and project management software to develop, organize, and produce accurate, timely, and professional products.
Robust Security Measures
To ensure test security, access to secure test content is strictly controlled. Only those individuals with direct responsibility for item development and review, test development and construction, and test administration have access to secure testing materials.
During every phase of test development, we follow established security procedures to ensure the security of test items and all test materials:
- All individuals with access to secure materials are required to sign a confidentiality and nondisclosure agreement
- Hard copy of test materials, computer files, artwork, and any other media on which test content is represented is kept in locked storage when not in use
- Hard copy, including secure test content, is sent using secure, traceable methods (such as FedEx or UPS) – and all shipments are recorded
- Secure test content, including items under development, are transmitted electronically only by posting to secure FTP sites
- Hard copies of secure materials are shredded and disposed of when they are no longer being used for development or review
We have performed test-development services for state-level assessment programs in the following states:
- New Jersey
- North Carolina