HistoryTrace Our Roots to Understand How Where We Started Influences Who We Are Today
Questar’s roots in the assessment industry run deep.
What began as four distinct entities became Questar Assessment in 2006. This merger brought together the people, expertise, commitment, and passion to expand into large-scale summative assessments and refine all of our other assessment programs.
- Awarded New York’s print production contract.
- Won Tennessee’s 3-8 summative assessment contract.
- Awarded Missouri’s EOC contract.
- Launched new Nextera Item Authoring & Reporting Engine Applications.
- Recognized by Tyton Growth50 as one of the top 50 organizations achieving impact at scale in the education sector.
- Out-competed Pearson to win New York’s 3-8 summative assessment contract.
- Launched Nextera Assessment Platform designed around the needs of 21st century educators
- Won Mississippi’s contract for its entire assessment system Awarded Indiana’s EOC contract
- Questar won the design and development of ELPA21 ELL testing consortium test development and field test
- Jamie Candee joined Questar Assessment as president and CEO, and brought in new management team with a blend of district and state education experience.
- Jamie and the Executive Leadership Team:
- Developed new strategy and vision, restructured, and rebranded the company
- Implemented sales, marketing, product management, and district customer support
- Launched agile software development practice and began architecture for best-inclass, next-generation testing platform
- TASA rebranded itself as Questar education sector. Assessment and focused on cultivating a reputation for excellence in the areas of subcontracting, English language learner (ELL), alternate (ALT), and End-of-Course (EOC) assessment programs.
- TASA acquired Minnesota-based Questar Educational Systems. This merger brought together the people, expertise, commitment, and passion that laid the groundwork for future growth.
- TASA acquired AEC.
- Questar integrated its online testing and processing systems with ScorePoint, an online handscoring system, which is used for all constructed response and performance-based scoring.
- Assessment and Evaluation Concepts (AEC) founded.
- Questar Educational Systems (Questar) founded.
- TASA acquired BETA.
- Beck Evaluation and Testing Associates (BETA) founded.
- The company that would become Questar Assessment was founded in 1976 as Touchstone Applied Science Associates (TASA).